Monday, July 21, 2008

Constructive Criticism of the new Experiemental iGoogle

I thought of trying my hand on the new iGoogle and successfully did that by declaring myself as a developer iGoogle Sandbox Sign Up

Thought of also checking what people are saying about this new UI experiment and stumbled on this nice bit of article...

I have tried to pick my favorite ones:

* There is no way to hide the left-hand navigation tab. Since I onlyhave one page of information, which contains just the info I want to see at a glance when I start my browser, the left hand navigation is useless and takes up 1/4 of my screen width. I would love an option to "collapse" that column and free up that space for the actual content.

* There is no way to view just RSS headlines. With the new two-line preview for every item, I cannot fit all my feeds on one page without scrolling.

* After clicking on an item in an RSS feed from iGoogle, or clicking on one of my gadgets in the left-hand navigation, if I hit the "Back" button in my browser I am redirected to the page I was just viewing and cannot get back to my iGoogle page.

the new iGoogle page seems to be loading an INCREDIBLE amount of information in the background. Looking at my status bar, it seems like it's retrieving every image from every RSS feed on my page as it loads. This slows down my entire browser and my internet connection. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Bookmark and Share
 
Clicky Web Analytics